Friday, November 26, 2004

Last day of school

Today we were visiting Josuikan Sr. High School (grades 10-12). It was very different from the Jr. High, but a very interesting visit. The school had a variety of programs that we got to see, such as their International English program- their English teachers were from Canada and Australia and the English classes did a funny performance for us. The school also has a Performing Arts Course. The students in that course did a demonstration for us of some of the songs and dances from their recent musical. They were amazing!

We also did more calligraphy (just as I start to get better we won't be going to any more schools!), ate lunch with teachers from the school, and visited the after-school clubs (one of which was cheerleading- they were really good and did lots of acrobatics, but it was kind of unusual to see an entirely Japanese cheerleading squad; cheerleading is something I have always thought of as being "All American").

I ate sushi for dinner with some of the guys from the group. It was really great sushi- so fresh! Tonight I've been getting everything packed to get ready to spend the weekend with my new Japanese family. I'm a little nervous, and hoping that they speak English (or Spanish)! My Japanese is getting better, but it's far from great. [I did almost get to use my sentence, "Where is the light?" the other day. The "where is" part has come in extremely handy, I just have to substitute different things for "light." Also, remember how I could count to 999 but didn't know 1000? Yeah, that's kind of been a problem. I think I'll learn the word for 1000 tonight; prices use that number all the time!]

Many shout-outs need to be made, and somewhere I have a list of who all needs one. However, I think I've packed the list, so you may have to wait. I have really enjoyed hearing from you all; what a treat for me. M.M.- I will remember our friend in my prayers; tell her that I'm thinking of her and take care of yourself, ok?

I may not be able to post again until Sunday (depending on my internet situation with the fam.). Hope you all had a lovely holiday and enjoy your long weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home