Monday, October 25, 2004

Reality Strikes

It's really happening! I got my itinerary today! I'm so pumped!

I will officially be departing for Japan on Sunday November 14 at 8:00am Central Standard Time. Well, actually, that's when I'll depart for San Francisco. We'll spend one night in the city by the bay (I would truly consider paying the $30 or so to take a taxi into the city solely to eat at Asqew); that's also the only night of the voyage we'll share rooms with a roommate. The next day, I'll be flying direct from SFO to Tokyo's Narita Int'l airport...I leave at 12:55pm on Monday and arrive at 5:05pm on Tuesday. The International Date Line completely blows my mind (when I return, for example, I'll leave Tokyo at 4:55pm Friday, arrive SFO at 8:50am, and be back in Dallas before I left Tokyo).

Got to grade and work on progress reports...this is the 5th week; I'm going to LA Thursday night to celebrate my birthday, so there's no way work will get done over the weekend.

Must...stop...blogging...and...go...grade...papers.... (or I could work on tonight's Japanese lesson- I learned the family words yesterday as well as the names of things in the kitchen- now I can ask for a knife instead of trying to cut things with chopsticks!). :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home